Dividend stolen (?) off dividend card - cockle {P}
Presumably it is possible, or was, as for reasons not worth explaining, we had two cards for a national supermarket chain and we wanted them combining onto one card. The lady at Customer Services was able to do it in a matter of a couple of minutes.
This was a couple of years back, presumably it is still possible but would require the use of a terminal and the willingness to take the risk of being caught and almost certainly dismissed on the part of the person committing the theft.
I know there were lots of rumours when these cards first came out about various scams going on such as a spare 'staff' card being kept by the till for claiming all those points for the customers who didn't have their card, so I wouldn't imagine the technology is all that fussy about which card the points end up on, after all the loyalty cards are only really an aid for the marketing people.
Dividend stolen (?) off dividend card - L'escargot
Thanks cockle, you've confirmed my suspicions.
They had a whole bunch of uncollected cards that customers had unintentionally left behind so for someone unscrupulous misappropriating the divi off them would have been a nice little earner. I'll put it down to experience and be more careful in future.
--
L\'escargot.
Dividend stolen (?) off dividend card - David Horn
I would have thought it highly likely that there's an audit trail. Well worth approaching the supermarket about - just don't suggest it's one of their staff. :)