Ford Fiesta - eac fail - tammy

has anyone had this eac fail prob with fiestas solved yet..........does having the ecu guarantee this fault with not occur again.thanks

Top Reply

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - injection doc

Just dug this out from some of my notes,

Ford Fiesta & Fusion upto 2003 1.25 1.4 1.6 Duratec

Problem: Loss of power and EAC FAIL displayed.

Solution: The EAC FAIL relates to the electronic accelerator control. Vehicles that trigger diagnostic fault codes (DTCs) / fault codes P2138 with P2122, P2123 or P2127 a common problem is the PCM (powertrain control module = ECM = engine control module) electrical connector. Check the electrical connector for the PCM for damage to the terminals and pins. Replace or repair as necessary. On vehicles that trigger P2119, P2135, P2176, P0120, P0122, P0123, P0220, P0222 or P0223 fault codes can suffer from the same PCM terminal damage but also suffer from throttle body electrical connector damage. The throttle body will need to be inspected and tested using an scope or scanner looking at live data. Check the serial number on the throttle body. Replace with a revised throttle body of the serial number is below 400000. Fault codes definition:

Pedal fault codes

P2120 – Pedal sensor 1 electrical error

P2122 – Pedal sensor 1 electrical error short to ground or open circuit

P2123 – Pedal sensor 1 electrical error short to battery

P2125 – Pedal sensor 2 electrical error

P2127 – Pedal sensor 2 electrical error short to ground or open circuit

P2128 – Pedal sensor 2 electrical error short to battery

P2138 – Pedal sensor 1 & 2 ratio error

Throtlle body fault codes

P0120 – Throttle position sensor 1 electrical error

P0122 – Throttle position sensor 1 electrical error short to ground

P0123 – Throttle position sensor 1 electrical error short to battery or line break

P0220 – Throttle position sensor 2 electrical error

P0222 – Throttle position sensor 2 electrical error short to ground or open circuit

P0223 – Throttle position sensor 2 electrical error short to battery

P2135 – Throttle position sensor ratio error

P2119 – Throttle plate convergence error. The throttle flap has not moved to the required position. This can be from an obstruction or incorrect signal. Check wiring and connectors.

P2176 - Throttle plate adaption error. After the ignition is switched off, the throttle body will run through an adaption cycle and spring check. This confirms correct functioning of the throttle body through the full range. If other fault codes are stored, they should be investigated first before P2176.

P2100 - H bridge error. Fault in circuit between throttle body motor and PCM.

PCM fault codes

P2107 - Processor monitoring on the main controller fault

P2108 - Analogue to digital converter. This can be a number of different sensors and will often be triggered with other fault codes that are more specific. P2108 can relate to mass air flow, engine speed, pedal ratio, TPS ratio, torque generation, engine speed limitation etc.

If there is inteferance or the voltage is not regulated correctly, the signal for pedals or throttle body will be out of range

P0641 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 1 noisy signal

P0642 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 1 short to ground or open circuit

P0643 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 1 short to battery

P0651 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 2 noisy signal

P0652 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 2 short to ground or open circuit

P0653 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 2 short to battery

All Replies

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - injection doc

Just dug this out from some of my notes,

Ford Fiesta & Fusion upto 2003 1.25 1.4 1.6 Duratec

Problem: Loss of power and EAC FAIL displayed.

Solution: The EAC FAIL relates to the electronic accelerator control. Vehicles that trigger diagnostic fault codes (DTCs) / fault codes P2138 with P2122, P2123 or P2127 a common problem is the PCM (powertrain control module = ECM = engine control module) electrical connector. Check the electrical connector for the PCM for damage to the terminals and pins. Replace or repair as necessary. On vehicles that trigger P2119, P2135, P2176, P0120, P0122, P0123, P0220, P0222 or P0223 fault codes can suffer from the same PCM terminal damage but also suffer from throttle body electrical connector damage. The throttle body will need to be inspected and tested using an scope or scanner looking at live data. Check the serial number on the throttle body. Replace with a revised throttle body of the serial number is below 400000. Fault codes definition:

Pedal fault codes

P2120 – Pedal sensor 1 electrical error

P2122 – Pedal sensor 1 electrical error short to ground or open circuit

P2123 – Pedal sensor 1 electrical error short to battery

P2125 – Pedal sensor 2 electrical error

P2127 – Pedal sensor 2 electrical error short to ground or open circuit

P2128 – Pedal sensor 2 electrical error short to battery

P2138 – Pedal sensor 1 & 2 ratio error

Throtlle body fault codes

P0120 – Throttle position sensor 1 electrical error

P0122 – Throttle position sensor 1 electrical error short to ground

P0123 – Throttle position sensor 1 electrical error short to battery or line break

P0220 – Throttle position sensor 2 electrical error

P0222 – Throttle position sensor 2 electrical error short to ground or open circuit

P0223 – Throttle position sensor 2 electrical error short to battery

P2135 – Throttle position sensor ratio error

P2119 – Throttle plate convergence error. The throttle flap has not moved to the required position. This can be from an obstruction or incorrect signal. Check wiring and connectors.

P2176 - Throttle plate adaption error. After the ignition is switched off, the throttle body will run through an adaption cycle and spring check. This confirms correct functioning of the throttle body through the full range. If other fault codes are stored, they should be investigated first before P2176.

P2100 - H bridge error. Fault in circuit between throttle body motor and PCM.

PCM fault codes

P2107 - Processor monitoring on the main controller fault

P2108 - Analogue to digital converter. This can be a number of different sensors and will often be triggered with other fault codes that are more specific. P2108 can relate to mass air flow, engine speed, pedal ratio, TPS ratio, torque generation, engine speed limitation etc.

If there is inteferance or the voltage is not regulated correctly, the signal for pedals or throttle body will be out of range

P0641 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 1 noisy signal

P0642 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 1 short to ground or open circuit

P0643 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 1 short to battery

P0651 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 2 noisy signal

P0652 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 2 short to ground or open circuit

P0653 – Sensor voltage supply circuit 2 short to battery

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - tammy

Thank you

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - andy the handyman

THIS IS TO ALL WITH EAC FAIL ON THERE FIESTA.

I HAVE A FIESTA 02 1.4 ZETEC AND HAD EAC FAIL.

I CHANGED THROTTLE SENSOR SPEEDO SENSOR AND WAS RUNING BACK AND FORTH TO GARAGE TO PUT IT ON THERE COMPUTER.

IF ALL SENSERS ARE OK ITS A EASY CHEAP FIX.

GO GET YOUR SELF A £2 CAN OF ELECTRIC CLEANER AND GO UNDER YOUR BONNET AND PULL APART CONNECTION BOXES AND SPRAY PLENTY ON BOTH ENDS. I DID TWO AT A TIME AND THEN RAN CAR TO SEE IF IT WAS OK.I HAD TWO DIRTY CONNECTION BOXS. THE BIG ONE IN FRONT OF BATTERY AND ONE AT FRONT OF ENGINE IN LINE WITH WHERE ENGINE MEETS G BOX. NOW MY CAR IS SPOT ON. NO MORE LIMP MODE... LOL...............

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - Cymrogwyllt

ouch

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - lachisaduck

Yes a very inexpensive fix to this god-damn EAC fail... after alot of b*****ing around for weeks on end trying to locate the problem .... i have come to the conclution to id say 75% of EAC related problems.. Alot of people have been taken for a ride with garages charging hundreads of pounds for expensive parts suce as, throttle-bodys, new sensors, new throttle assemblys e.t.c..this is just to note some of what i have read that people have had to buy recently And there is no need ...also a diagnostic will not show up the right code for this problem as its not throttle related and mechanics rely too much on stupid dignostic tools to always get right to the sorce of the problem which is a load of b******s.....but the problem come when this EAC comes back to haunt these poor ford owners,that are subsuqently getting ripped off.

Right the problem.(note this may not work in some cases) ... EAC fail shows up within the dash flashing EAC FAIL ...and car badly underpowers, You dont need to be a mechanic to fix this ... just folow these steps.

Firstly you need to locate the MAF ( mass air flow sensor) this usualy is very acsessable part , its a cilindar shaped part with a plug wired in which you can remove... Have a look at the likes of google images to find out what it looks like before you start to removing things.

If you diconect this , try starting your car and see if EAC is gone ..in which case the problem lies within the MAF ..... you either need a new one ...oooftt expensice ....in the reigon of 50 to a 100 depending...

If any one trys this ..and it works and would like more info on how to fix it .... reply to my post ....and ile gladly help...just too much to write at the moment lol.

P.s i hope this helps for some of the unfortunate people who joined the dreaded EAC club...

AS I SAID THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE.

Hope this helped...excuse the spelling and language , im better in the garage,

.. bye guys

Lach

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - Shortcut

Hi Lach.,,,,,,any ideas , on my wifes car Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratec engine - Seamans ECU - , the dashboard shows a red light flicking every 2 seconds or so - the red led pic is of a car with a "lock" sign next to it. THis occurs when the ignition is turned on. Also the car does turn over but appears to be no spark as it doesnt "ignite" and idle..... also it says EAC on the digital display - blokes here say its 6000 bucks for a new ECU - but I am sceptical, besides I dont have the cash to pay for it. Is there a way of testing that its NOT the ECU??

any advice will be a blessing, I will attempt to do the MAF test first

I will google for pics of the MAF - hope I find them

thanks, greetings all the way from South Africa

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - Armitage Shanks {p}

Sending by courier to these people for repair and getting it back shouldcost less than 6000 whatevers

tinyurl.com/bv378gz

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - gillbill5

Also, the revs are really high.

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - gillbill5

Hi Lach,

I'm actually living in Aust but my Fiesta has a european engine.

I had an EAC failure last week and the engine died down, so I couldn't accelerate over 20km/hr.

I had it booked for a service anyway, so I asked them to carry out an engine diagnostics and let me know what's wrong. They've quoted me $750 for supply & fit of an Idle Up Valve (2nd hand part)

I asked them for the diagnostics codes, but they said they didn't have them (funny eh!). I got them to do it again as I'd paid for it and wanted the codes. The failure codes are P2108 - EAC/TAC Module Preformance, P2176 - EAC/TAC System - Idle position not learned & P1000.

After reading this and several other forums I'm not sure if I'm being ripped of by the garage? They charged $70 over what was quoted for the service and were extremely rude when I pressed them for the codes.

I've tried looking for the mass air flow sensor using pics online but can't seem to find it. My car is a 2004, 1.4 duratec engine. Not sure if makes a difference but my AC isn't working and it's been up on 42 here. I seen one post which mentioned this www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=ford_fiesta...s

Your help would be appreciated as I just don't have the cash to fix this right now, after Christmas and all.

Thanks in advance!

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - Robert Kelly

I have the EAC message flashing up. I have tried what you have suggested here, unplugging the connector to the MAF and now when I run like this the EAC message stays of, also I think the power is a bit up. Is it a fix to simply leave this off permanently?

Kellyrobert605@gmail.com

R Kelly

Ford Fiesta - eac fail - chazzix
Hello,
I have a 1.6 55 plate fiesta. I've had eac fail come up 3 times now, twice when just moved off ( then had aa out who said they couldn't find anything) then the third time when going down m25. When the engine is switched off and on again so far it's been ok for a bit after (touchwood) but only a matter of time before it goes again. In getting worried and just want it fixed. Anyone got any ideas? Aa are clearly useless and I don't want to pay out a rediculas amount.???
Ford Fiesta - eac fail - genset

I have been having the same issues. The RAC man worked out it was something to do with the ecu. Have cleaned all electrical connections from the battery to the ecu and got an fault code reader, so now the random fault codes have ended and I am left with p0202, cylinder 2 open circuit. I see it every time it is damp, and after deep puddles. But not sure which is cylinder 1 so haven't managed to fix the fault yet. I also sometimes can't start it, leave it a while swear a little and it starts.

I am really fustrated as I don't feel I can trust it and the car is almost perfect but 110k on it.