Renault Megane E-Tech - Xileno

This looks quite attractive - a bit of competition for the Tesla Model 3 maybe?

The Zoe seems quite well-regarded - my neighbours were very pleased with theirs - so this could be a useful addition to the range.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-cars/2021-09-1/renau.../

Edited by Xileno on 18/09/2021 at 18:44

Renault Megane E-Tech - John F

This looks quite attractive ......

....until you get to 'prices start from £33,000.....'

....which seems an absurd price for a mundane runabout.

And its improved range makes it weigh a staggering 500kg more than our similar sized Peugeot 2008 130 EAT6 which cost around half that price nearly two years ago. This is an environmentally negative aspect of EVs which never seems to be considered; all that extra energy being generated to move umpteen zillion tons of excess weight around the planet.

Renault Megane E-Tech - badbusdriver

This looks quite attractive ......

....until you get to 'prices start from £33,000.....'

....which seems an absurd price for a mundane runabout.

And its improved range makes it weigh a staggering 500kg more than our similar sized Peugeot 2008 130 EAT6 which cost around half that price nearly two years ago. This is an environmentally negative aspect of EVs which never seems to be considered; all that extra energy being generated to move umpteen zillion tons of excess weight around the planet.

The price isn't relevant as nobody, well almost, will actually buy it. What will the monthly payment be?, that's the important thing.

As someone who loves light cars, I agree about the weight issue. Presumably as battery technology improves, they will become smaller and lighter for the same power density.

Renault Megane E-Tech - Lee Power

For most people new cars have gone the same way as there mobile phones.

You sign up for the latest shiny version paying over 24 / 36 months then trade it in for another new shiny version.

Personally I'd rather own outright then continually pay to rent a phone / car.

Renault Megane E-Tech - badbusdriver

Incidentally, RRP for the current e 2008 starts at £33k.

Renault Megane E-Tech - John F

Incidentally, RRP for the current e 2008 starts at £33k.

eek!

Renault Megane E-Tech - barney100
Wot? 33k!
Renault Megane E-Tech - Lee Power

I can think of a lot of better vehicles to spend £33k on & they wouldn't be French EV's