Enter Honest John's Kit Competition An awesome prize is up for grabs every week | No thanks

I live in Northern Ireland - after we leave the EU, will my UK insurance be valid if I drive over the border?

I currently live in Northern Ireland and I'm covered by GreenFlag. After we leave the EU, if I drive over the border to Eire, will I technically be in Europe? If you follow this logic, will I be covered by my UK insurance? If I need GreenFlag, can I use them in the south of Ireland?

Asked on 13 April 2018 by Bernie Carey

Yes, but you will find that the contract will be amended and reworded to suit. Currently, there are negotiations ongoing in Parliament for this, and for driving licences. Technically, the EU licence will no longer be valid and, as a result, a lot of complications are going to arise.