Introducing our new Real MPG iPhone app: Find out more | No thanks

Do I need to reset the ECU after having a new DPF fitted?

The DPF on my 2010 Ford Mondeo TDCi burnt out, glowed red, smoked and then the exhaust dropped after 109,000 miles. No warning lights came up on dash. Can I just replace the DPF or do I need to sort out the ECU in any way? I do short trips to work during the week but a few trips out at the weekend. I've had the car for four years with no problems, so £210 for a new DPF is okay.

Asked on 13 August 2017 by Phil Jones

Answered by Alan Ross
You will need to reset the ECU after fitting a new DPF.

Looking for a garage you can trust? Honest John's Good Garage Guide has thousands of reader recommended garages, plus how-to guides and tips on servicing.

The Good Garage Guide