Would the new Mazda MX-5 be a good replacement for my Toyota MR2?
I've had my Toyota MR2 for 10 years, never missed a beat in 70,000 miles but she's getting on a bit now. I absolutely love it but I'm now looking for something just as fun and similar driving experience. Would the latest Mazda MX5 be the best alternative and, if so, which engine?

Asked on 17 July 2017 by Jane Eminson

Yes. People argue into the night whether the new MX5 1.5 or 2.0 is the best. I prefer the 2.0 because it's significantly more powerful and quicker and also more relaxed on a long drive. Avoid the RF folding hardtop version because the over the shoulder view is non existent.

Great fun to drive. More minimalist than previous version. Goes and handles just like a sports-inspired roadster should.
Excellent handling makes it fun to drive. 1.5-litre model works very well on uneven UK roads. 2.0 as quick as many drivers would ever want. Well-equipped for the money.

£155.08

;