WIN: A bundle of Christmas prizes, worth more than £1500 Click here to enter today  | No thanks

Is it normal for a fuel pump to break after doing barely any miles?

I had new fuel pump fitted a year ago. It went again two days after the warranty expired but I have only done 2000 miles in a year. They wouldn't cover it and charged me again. Is this normal?

Asked on 16 June 2017 by Karen Negro

Presumably this is a low pressure fuel tank lifter pump. The new pump could have been damaged by residue in the fuel tank acquired due to your low mileage.