What can you save on today? HJ Kit uncovers BIG deals on dash cams, sat navs & more | No thanks

Can I claim against a dealer who says my burnt out clutch is wear and tear?

In April 2016 I bought a 2014 Vauxhall Zafira Tourer with 9500 miles on it. Now, just 11 months and 6000 miles later, the clutch has burnt out. The car is still under the manufacturer's warranty but the garage is telling me it won't be covered because it is wear and tear. Do I have any hope of redress?

No, because it could be wear and tear due to the way you have been driving it. If the problem occurred within six months of purchase then the fault would automatically be deemed to have been developing before you bought the car and the supplying dealer would be liable.