Accident with cyclist

I was recently involved in an accident in London when a cyclist, riding furiously, hit my nearside. After stopping and ensuring that there was no damage to the cyclist, their bike and my car I left the scene.

I have now received notification from the police that they are considering pursuing me for failing to stop (which I did) and driving without due care, which I strongly dispute. Are they likely to offer me a driver awareness course and if so do I have to inform my insurance company? Although the cyclist was at fault I am presuming that they have divine exemption from any traffic crime.

Give the facts to the police, demand that the case goes to court and defend yourself there.
Tags: bikes driving nip