Ask a Question

Accident with cyclist

I was recently involved in an accident in London when a cyclist, riding furiously, hit my nearside. After stopping and ensuring that there was no damage to the cyclist, their bike and my car I left the scene.

I have now received notification from the police that they are considering pursuing me for failing to stop (which I did) and driving without due care, which I strongly dispute. Are they likely to offer me a driver awareness course and if so do I have to inform my insurance company? Although the cyclist was at fault I am presuming that they have divine exemption from any traffic crime.

Asked on by

Give the facts to the police, demand that the case goes to court and defend yourself there.
Tags: bikes driving nip
Similar questions
I genuinely can't remember making a trip up a certain dual carriageway one morning in April 2017 when my car was photographed by a police camera travelling at 38mph. I have requested photographic evidence...
The police sent me a 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' for exceeding a 50mph speed restriction and along with it an offer for me to attend the Driver Awareness Training Course. I did not decline the offer...
My son has received Notice of Intended Prosecution from Suffolk Constabulary for driving at 37mph in a 30mph limit on 2 November 2012. I, as a named driver, was driving the car on the day in question....

Ask Honest John

Value my car