Looking for a quiet car with a big boot for £30,000 - what do you recommend?

I need a quiet, refined car with a big boot (600 litres) which is fun to drive and has good visibility. I currently run a top of the range Seat Leon which is much fun but has awful tyre noise despite choosing the quietest tyres and fitting extra sound deadening. I'm looking for something around three years old at around £30,000. What do you suggest? Jaguar F-Pace?

Asked on 24 January 2022 by Ian Elliott

Answered by Russell Campbell
The Jaguar F-Pace is definitely an option – it handles well for a relatively large SUV and it'll be quieter than your Leon.

You'll also have plenty of space. Your budget is enough to get you a low-mile 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel or a high-mile 3.0-litre six-cylinder. The latter has loads of power, is smoother and quieter than the 2.0-litre.

Petrol models are also available, but we'd only advise one of them if you have a relatively low annual mileage because the fuel costs can be terrifying.

F-Pace review, here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/jaguar/f-pace-2016/

If you prefer to go all out for comfort, the Audi Q7 is a great shout. It has even more space than the Jaguar, and the more powerful version of its six-cylinder diesel engine is very refined. Get one with air suspension, and you won't find many more comfortable cars: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/audi/q7-2015/