Which electric car is right for me?

I have a BMW X1 automatic on a lease that expires this November. I would like to replace it with an electric car, which needs to be large enough to transport golf clubs and trolley, or take 3 passengers and have a range of 200+ miles. The car needs to be stylish. My husband says we should wait for at least a year to buy an electric car but I then have the problem of what to do when my lease ends. Any advice please including cars I should consider? I do not want a large car, something slightly smaller than the X1 would be preferable.

Asked on 28 April 2021 by Gwyn Jones

Answered by Russell Campbell
A Volkswagen ID.3 should have enough range and a big enough boot for your needs, also worth giving the larger ID.4 a look – it more closely matches the size of your X1. I'd also recommend the Kia Soul EV and the Hyundai Kona EV. Most small EVs – cars like the Mini Electric and the Honda e – won't have the boot space or range you need, however, it's worth checking out the Peugeot e-208, which has a long range for a small EV, though can't guarantee your kit will fit.