I've sold my car but my insurer is refusing to refund my policy

I sold my car last week and my policy has three weeks left to run. Upon calling the insurer tor cancellation, I was told they would not reimburse the three weeks left on the policy and are instead saying that they will waive the cancellation fee instead! Is the insurer correct in doing this?

Asked on 16 November 2020 by Kippo

Yes, as you are into the last month, and not a "whole" month, they would not calculate the remaining cover down to the cost per day. They have been fair with you.
Tags: insurance