How do I claim for personal injury?

We were hit by a car from behind. The other driver has admitted liability but I don’t know whether I should claim on our insurance for personal injury because I don’t want my premium to go up for any reason. Do I go through a no-win no-fee company?

Asked on 3 July 2020 by Bev

Answered by Tim Kelly
You cannot claim via your own insurer for your personal injury, as your insurance only covers your car and not you. If you have legal assistance with your policy then you can either claim through that, use a solicitor, a no-win no-fee firm or directly from the at-fault insurer. I would suggest either using your legal assistance if you have it, or contact a solicitor directly.
Similar questions
I have fully comprehensive car insurance with motor legal cover and personal injury cover. My car was written off by a farmer's loose cow at 4am. My family were injured and I have suffered a big financial...
I had an accident in the snow and ice. I lost control of the vehicle and hit a motorway style barrier. Even though it was not really my fault I have lost my no claims bonus. My wife was sitting in the...
My friend had a very minor car accident. No damage was done to either car and no one was hurt in any way. Both drivers say it was the others' fault. There were no witnesses. The other driver was the only...


Value my car