Fun, fun, fun

I am looking for something that will bring some fun back into my motoring. It will not be my primary car and will probably only do about 5k miles a year. I need to fit my golf clubs into it with at least one passenger. I have looked at a BMW Z4M and a Porsche Boxster. What cars do you think I should consider and what would you recommend?

Two ways to look at this. How do you define fun? If you want something that will do 150mph +, lose you your licence and even earn you a stretch, then yes, Boxster, Z4M, etc. Though actually a Z4M is a beautiful looking but horrible car with particularly bad steering. The 3.0i is better. And the 335i coupe is a vastly better car than either. Alternatively you can have enormous low speed fun in something like a Suzuki Swift 1.5 or a Mazda 2 1.3TS2 simply because they steer and handle fantastically well.