Insurer pushing me to accept partial fault for an accident. Should I?

I have been advised by my insurance company to accept 70/30 fault on an accident that I had absolutely no responsibility for. Is it worth pursuing further?

Asked on 3 June 2020 by Michael Wickens

If you feel it was not your fault then don't accept that. Ask for a locus report and comparison report to be carried out. A locus report evidences the location of the incident, sight lines, relative positions of the vehicles, evidence to substantiate who's fault the incident was. A comparison report will compare the damage on both vehicles and helps determine who's version of events is more probable. If the insurer refuses, you can appoint your own independent engineer.