Can you recommend a small, automatic SUV?

I'm after a small, used SUV with an auto gearbox. I have a budget of £11,000 - £12,000. I'm doing 7000-8000 miles of mixed driving per year. So far I've narrowed it down to Suzuki Vitara, Skoda Yeti and Nissan Qashqai. Any advise will be appreciated.

Asked on 27 May 2020 by Michael

I really like the Skoda Yeti, but it has had a lot of reported problems over the past few years and it is probably best avoided. I'd say the same for the Qashqai, after its poor showing in our latest Satisfaction Index: www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-john-satisfaction-inde.../

The Suzuki Vitara, on the other hand, is a very good car. It also has a strong reputation for reliability and comfort. I would add the Kia Niro and Toyota C-HR to your list, too, as both are easy to use and have a good reputation for build quality.