I've fixed my written off car. Can I get the categorisation removed to drive it again?

My car was involved in an accident in 2007. The insurance did not pay out because I didn't disclose that I once had a conviction for driving uninsured. It was classified as a Category B write off. I have finally fixed the car. Can I get the categorisation removed to get it back on the road as the insurance did not pay out?

Asked on 13 May 2020 by Qamar Din

Answered by Tim Kelly
No, it should have been crushed. A V5 will not be issued and you will not be able to insure it. You could have done something to try and resolve it in 2007, now you have absolutely no chance.
Similar questions
I've seen a motorhome that has sustained flood damage but has been put down as a Cat B write off. There is no structural damage whatsoever. Can I get this overturned?
I am trying to sell my 2001 Volkswagen Lupo but the advertising website would not accept the advert as their records had the car registered as a Cat B. I have owned the car four years having bought it...
My partner was entering a car park when the car in front off him suddenly stopped and reversed into our car (our car was stationary). There is no visible damage except now the bonnet latch won't close...

Value my car