Can someone who lives in Ireland keep a car registered at a UK address?

Am I right in thinking that a family who has settled in Eire (purchased a property and living there for almost two years) are not allowed to keep their car registered to a UK address of a family member and so keep UK registration number and UK insurance and tax?

Asked on 9 March 2020 by Grumpy GrandDad

If you change your country of residence to Ireland, you have 30 days to re-register a vehicle previously registered in another EU country – measured from the date the vehicle entered Ireland , europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/registratio...m
It would also not be insured correctly.