I claimed after my car was hit by someone who didn't leave their details. Will my premiums now increase?

My car, whilst parked and unattended, was hit by another vehicle causing £1600 damage to bodywork. I claimed on my insurance. It has been registered as a fault claim. I have protected NCB, but are my insurance premiums likely to rise by much when I renew?

Asked on 3 March 2020 by Hugh Jones

If the other party was not traced and you have made a claim on your policy, it will be seen as an additional risk. Though your NCB may be unaffected, your premium will be increased purely because you have claimed.