Over 70 driving licence renewal - what do I need to do?

I need to renew my mini-bus licence. Can you tell me what I need to do, now I'm over 70?

Asked on 29 December 2019 by John Osborne

Answered by Honest John
You need forms D2 and D4 and have to undertake a medical and an eye test to retail Groups D1 and C1. Eye test will be free but new spectacles won't be. A GP medical is about £160. The whole lot for me took three months and cost about £500. This explains: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/driving-at-over-70/
Similar questions
I put my license plate numbers into a car insurance website and the reg came up as a manual transmission, but the car is an automatic. I only have an automatic licence.
My driving license expires in February 2021. Should I apply for a renewal now or wait?
At 70, can I renew my license online if I don't have a passport? My existing license was renewed only four years ago so would DVLA use the photo from that, or would I have to apply by post and provide...


Value my car