Which wheel size is best on the Tiguan?

I am considering purchasing a Volkswagen Tiguan 1.5 petrol DSG. This trim comes with 18-inch wheels but offers an alternative smaller wheel option with mobility tyres. Should I be wary of the mobility tyre option as it does appeal being a smaller wheel and perhaps promises a more comfortable ride?

Asked on 4 December 2019 by johni

Whatever the size of the wheel, the important thing is the profile of the tyre. Happily, the 18-inch size for the Tiguan is 235/55 R18 100H, which is probably the optimum size because it gives you enough tyre profile without becoming too floppy. If by 'Mobility Tyres' they mean all-season tyres then go for them. I favour Continental AllSeason Contacts, Michelin CrossClimates and Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons.