Could blocked drain vents be causing door lock problems on my SLK?

My Mercedes SLK has a faulty driver's door lock. The door won't open straight away and takes many pulses of the key fob button. I had used WD40 on the locking solenoid, this worked better for a time, but is now just as difficult as before. I read recently of a similar problem on an SLK and they advised it could be blocked drains from the scuttle in front of the windscreen. If so, what's the remedy?

Blocked vent well drains are a different problem entirely and would only affect the locking if the receiver for the remote was situated on the bulkhead where it gets flooded with rainwater that cannot escape. These blockages are common at this time of year because of the large numbers of dead leaves getting into the scuttle.