Can I get 19-inch all-season tyres?

My 2016 Volkswagen Golf R is due for new tyres and I would appreciate your advice on tyre choice. It came with Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 which have been good but I would like to know if there is a suitable all-season tyre available? It has 19-inch wheels.

Asked on 22 November 2019 by Norman Davies

All season tyres don't work with very low profiles because the tyre sidewalls are insufficiently compliant. I'd go with Pirelli P Zeros that work well on the Golf R and Golf GTI TCR and have a bead around the sidewall to protect alloy rims from kerbing.

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices and read our Tyre Buying Guide (bit.ly/2wsFHBU)