What's best - to attend a speed awareness course or take the three points?

I have received a speeding ticket in a 30mph zone. What would be the best course of action - to take the speed awareness course or take the three points?

What would be the expected effect (if any) on my insurance if I opt to pay the fine and take the three points?

Asked on 11 November 2019 by c Reed

No brainer. If given the option, always take the speed awareness course. It would be foolish to take the points and the fine as it would not benefit you in any way. It would load your premium by 5 to 10%.