Is it normal for insurance companies to ask you to arrange your own repairs?

Is it normal for insurance companies to ask you to arrange your own repairs when the at fault drivers insurance has accepted liability and have agreed to pay for the repair?

Asked on 4 November 2019 by Andrew Towers

Generally, insurers try to steer you into using their repairers, I would not be complaining as it is better that they are providing you with the correct entitlements. You can, however, ask them to arrange repairs through their network of repairers dependent on who you are insured with. It may be they do not have their own network, if not, contact the nbra.org.uk/ and ask for their assistance in recommending one for you.