Why is there condensation in my Volvo C70?

My 2006 Volvo C70, which is not garaged, regularly has damp and in some cases water on the base of the boot well. In addition, the car's interior gets lots of condensation, sometimes so that the windscreen is running with water and the steering wheel is wet. A Volvo main dealer has looked at it and put pressure hoses over the boot, saying there is no leak, but the problem still remains. What could it be?

Asked on 31 October 2019 by David Spenley

It's highly likely to be coming in via broken cabin vent flaps. These are hidden between the lower load area carpeted sides and the rear bumper valence extensions. Sometimes rodents chew their way through. Rainwater then gets splashed in and that's what leads to the lake in the spare wheel well and the condensation inside the car.