Is the Renault Zoe battery lease scheme ending?

I was at a launch event for the new Renault Zoe the other evening and the sales team were unsure that the battery lease scheme was going to be available from 2020 as apparently the T&C's caused too many issues for the buyers of secondhand Zoe's. Whilst perhaps an 'unintended consequence', battery lease at least provided a cheaper entry into the EV car market. Can you confirm if the scheme is ending for new Zoe?

Asked on 30 October 2019 by Peter Lawley

I asked Renault UK and received this response: The New ZOE will be offered in the UK with a Full Purchase option only. The decision comes because of significantly improved class-leading residual values for New ZOE in the UK, enabling a more competitive full purchase price and offer. As more consumers choose electric cars in the UK, residual values of full-electric vehicles have improved considerably, meaning they are more affordable than ever.