Are winter tyres a worthwhile investment?

I drive a 2017 RAV4 Hybrid on the edge of the Peak District. Is it worth investing in winter tyres?

Asked on 21 October 2019 by John Birch

If your tyres are fairly worn then worth switching to all-weather tyres that will get you through snow and can be left on all year round. Continental AllSeason Contacts, Michelin Cross Climates, Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons, Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season.

Top 10: Winter Tyres here (taking various budgets into account): kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-winter-tyres

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices.