I live in the Peak District - should I put winter tyres on my hatchback or swap for a 4x4 to counter the winter conditions?

I live in the Peak District and drive a Ford Fiesta but because of winter weather conditions, I decided to swap it for a Skoda Yeti. However, I've been told that getting winter tyres would be the best and most economical option because winter tyres are better on snowy roads than a 4x4. What do you think?

What you have been told is correct. I think the best answer is a set of all-weather tyres on all four wheels that are almost as good as full cold-weather tyres and can be left on all year round.

You can see some of the best winter tyres here (Continental AllSeasonContact are great, as are a variety of Michelin options): kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-winter-tyres

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices.