What tyres will make the ride quieter on my car?

I have a 2017 Honda Civic but the road noise is horrendous. I have Michelin Primacy tyres on 17-inch wheels. Have you any suggestions for improvement?

Asked on 7 October 2019 by Antony Christou

205/55 R19 Michelin Primacy 3 tyres are quiet. Standard 17-inch fit on a 2017 Honda Civic is 235/45 R17. You could try slightly lower cold pressures, but don't go too low because there's not a lot of rubber between the rims and the road. If that doesn't work then the next move is to swap to 16-inch wheels with 215/55 R16 tyres.

Check Tyres On The Drive (bit.ly/2ZlEVaR) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices and read our Tyre Buying Guide (bit.ly/2wsFHBU)