What kind of chemistry do you have with your car? Love it? Loathe it? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks
Ask a Question

We have been advised to use an accident management company rather than inform our insurers of an accident?

My wife was involved in an accident this morning (not her fault) and the local Volvo dealer wants us to use an accident management company and says not to inform our insurer. Surely this is not correct and we have to tell our insurer, any views on this please?

Asked on by

Under the road traffic act, you only need to notify your insurer when they need to be notified of any pending claim, not the other way around, which is what insurers like you to believe. You will, however, need to notify them on renewal of a "non-fault incident".
Similar questions
I've noticed that you often advise using accident claim management companies when making a claim against a third party, instead of one's own insurance company. I thought that's what insurance companies...
At the end of our estate they have been building two new houses with lots of lorries. One of the lorries must have caught my sons car - its his first and first year of no claims . A 15 year old Peugeot...
My daughter's Renault Clio was hit in the back at a roundabout exit by a Ford Ka. The Clio sustained some damage, my six year old granddaughter and her friend were very upset and crying when this happened....

Ask Honest John

Value my car