Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

We have been advised to use an accident management company rather than inform our insurers of an accident?

My wife was involved in an accident this morning (not her fault) and the local Volvo dealer wants us to use an accident management company and says not to inform our insurer. Surely this is not correct and we have to tell our insurer, any views on this please?

Asked on 18 July 2019 by jebedee

Answered by Tim Kelly
Under the road traffic act, you only need to notify your insurer when they need to be notified of any pending claim, not the other way around, which is what insurers like you to believe. You will, however, need to notify them on renewal of a "non-fault incident".
Similar questions
My daughter's Renault Clio was hit in the back at a roundabout exit by a Ford Ka. The Clio sustained some damage, my six year old granddaughter and her friend were very upset and crying when this happened....
My car was hit by another driver but his insurers are refusing to pay, saying the details he gave are incorrect and have voided his cover. Are they liable to pay for my damage?
At the end of our estate they have been building two new houses with lots of lorries. One of the lorries must have caught my sons car - its his first and first year of no claims . A 15 year old Peugeot...

Value my car