What are the best tyres for my Volvo?

The front tyres on my Volvo V60 Cross Country need replacing (currently Michelin X Green Primacy 3 235/50 R18 101W) which are the same as the back tyres. Would you recommend replacing them with another identical set of Michelins so that all four match or would an alternative be acceptable and if so, what would your recommendations be?.

If the car is four-wheel drive it has an automatic 4WD system so all the tyres need to be the same and within 3mm tread depth of each other or it confuses the system that can detect the disparity as slippage. If it's 2WD then this isn't a problem and you can just go ahead and replace like with like.

We don't recommend 'cheap tyres', only expensive tyres bought at the lowest possible prices. See how low you can get Michelin X Green Primacy 3 235/50 R18 101W. An alternative is Pirelli Scorpion.

Check Motokiki (bit.ly/2EF0U04) and Blackcircles.com (bit.ly/2JM6bqG) for sizes and prices and read our Tyre Buying Guide (bit.ly/2wsFHBU).