Will I lose my no claims discount if I buy a new car?

I need to change my car and I have already four years NCB, however, my insurance will expire in November. If I change my car will I lose the seven months accrued to get up to five years NCB? Is there a way to keep these accumulated months or is it better to wait until the policy expires and then buy a new car?

Asked on 13 June 2019 by Vincenzo losito

If you get a new car, if you put it on your current policy, you will maintain your no claims bonus. If you change insurer, you will lose the seven months. Or as you said you could wait till your current policy expires and buy a new car then.