Is adding a fourth brake light and extra DRLs considered a modification in insurance terms?

Is adding a fourth brake light and extra front DRLs considered a modification in insurance terms? I can see how adding alloys or other performance modifications would increase the insurance premium, should they get damaged or the vehicle performance exceeds the driver's ability and/or other parts of the vehicle. To me adding this type of "light" only makes the car safer (as long as they don't dazzle other drivers) and all new cars must now have them.

If the vehicle is altered from manufacturers specification it is a modification. You do need to declare it.