I damaged my car on our driveway wall - do I have to tell my insurer even if I'm not claiming?

Our drive is curved and bounded on one side by a low stone wall. Having missed it on thousands of occasions I have managed to scratch our car. I have no intention of claiming via my insurance company. Is this occurrence notifiable to my insurance company? As it is, it happened away from the highway and no other vehicle was involved can I just pay for the repair and not notify the insurance company.

Asked on 10 June 2019 by stupot1

You only need to notify the insurer when they have a need to know about a claim that may affect them, i.e. from a third party under the road traffic act. You do not need to notify an insurer when there is no third party involvement, as it is your choice on whether you claim or not.