A company is offering free repairs to windscreen chips - is this a scam?

The car park of a local supermarket is carrying a poster that offers free repairs to windscreen chips. All the car owner has to do is provide insurance details and the insurer will pay the repairer direct. The idea is that it costs insurers less to arrange free chip repairs than to stump up for a new windscreen. Sounds too good to be true - is this a scam of some kind?

Asked on 3 June 2019 by Brian Lewis

No, this is not a scam. Most insurers already offer this. Contact your insurer, as they will have a preferred supplier.