My new car came with worn tyres - what should I do?

I took delivery of a new Ford Focus Estate fitted with 17-inch Michelin Primacy 4 tyres. The car had 8 miles on the odometer upon delivery. However, when I got home the tyre tread looked unusually threadbare. I measured around 5.3mm on the front tread and nearer 6mm on the back with 45 miles driven. What would you advise?

Asked on 5 May 2019 by Khalid

New tyres come with 7mm - 8mm tread, not less than that. So if your measurement is accurate, either the car has done a few thousand miles, or someone has swapped the wheels and tyres. Go back to the supplying dealer and ask for the truth.