Can I SORN my car to avoid paying the extra £40k VED supplement over the winter?

Having recently purchased a Morgan Roadster I have been hit with the £40K+ VED supplement of £320 making a total VED of £465 for this year. If I SORN the vehicle over winter, will I save on the £320 annual supplement as well as the standard £145 annual VED?

Asked on 23 April 2019 by Greenfield

Yes, you don't have to pay any of the £465 while the car is on SORN. The idea is you are not using the car on the road so will not have to pay 'road tax' for it. (VED is soon to revert back to 'road tax'.)