Do I have to have my car serviced at a main dealer to preserve the warranty?

I have recently purchased a three-year-old Toyota Auris. Do I have to have it serviced at a main dealer to keep the remainder of the warranty or can it be done by any garage?

Yes. Definitely worth sticking with the Toyota dealer to keep your last year of warranty. In theory, as long as the independent does everything precisely to Toyota standards and this is fully detailed on the invoice then under EU law it should still be covered, but usually an independent cannot do everything precisely to Toyota standards and doesn't have the time to detail it all on the invoice. You would also miss any Toyota in-service update.