Are Cat S write off cars safe?

I have never bought a category A, B or C car. However I'm looking to swap my ageing 57 plate Nissan soon and I've noticed a Ford Kuga for sale that is a Cat S write off. When I asked what structural damage was done, the seller said there was no structural damage to it. They said it was panel damage and headlights. Are Cat S cars safe?

Asked on 21 March 2019 by David binns

Avoid like the plague. It was categorically not panel and headlamp damage, it was "structural" hence the Cat S. Do you want to carry your loved ones in a structurally damaged car without knowing how it has been repaired? I would not. This video will clearly present what I am advising of
www.youtube.com/watch?v=56qJqW1dJ6g