Should I have to wait two weeks to get the V5C for a used car I bought from a dealer?

I purchased a car two weeks ago from a reputable garage, however, they say I have to wait another two weeks for the log book. Can I ask for my money back?

Two weeks is a reasonable time for the DVLA to process the change of keeper. Any longer than that isn't so if you don't get it within two weeks, use a form V62 to apply for the V5C in your name: www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle / You had better check that the car is taxed here: www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla /