Are petrol particulate filters likely to have the same problems as DPFs?

I currently drive a diesel car fitted with a DPF which has not been a totally satisfactory experience. I am considering buying a petrol vehicle which I understand is fitted with a Particulate Filter. Am I likely to experience the same problems?

Asked on 2 February 2019 by Alan Grahame

Only a few reports of problems with PPFs so far. They have been compulsory on new petrol cars since September 2018. Because petrol PMTs are much smaller than diesel PMTs the filters should not clog as readily.