Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Is a used Skoda Yeti DSG a good buy?

I’m thinking of buying a 2015 Skoda Yeti 2015 1.2 TSI DSG as a second car. The one I’m looking at seems like a good clean car with a few minor scratches but nothing major, however, the engine is noisy. Is this normal for this model or am I buying a problem?

Asked on 28 January 2019 by Nick Blake

Probably. The Yeti retained the chain cam 1.2 TSI longest of all VWG cars and the quality of chains was a real lottery, depending on when in the life of the link stamping tools the links were stamped out. On top of that, you have a DQ200 7-speed dry clutch DSG, which, judging by the level of complaints received, I would not wish on anyone.