Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Debris on the motorway hit my car - can I claim for the damage?

I was driving home last night and the front of my car was struck by an unknown object that came from out of nowhere. Is there anyway I can claim for damages to the vehicle as my windscreen is shattered and the roof panel dented and scratched the whole way down where it bounces off my roof.

Asked on 2 January 2019 by Josb

Answered by Tim Kelly
If you are fully comp, you can claim via your insurer. If you mean can you claim from anyone else? Only if you can prove who owned the object and that they have been negligent in their actions.
Similar questions
Last year I lost a hubcap on my car on the motorway and caused damage to the car behind me where we exchanged details. I informed my insurance company and now at renewal, I find my insurance class has...
My daughter aged 25 was involved in a motorway accident. She was in the nearside lane when an HGV from Poland pulled over and scraped the side of her car - a 2003 Toyota Yaris, damaging the door and ripping...
What should we do if we break down in the live lane of a Smart motorway? Should we ring 999, for example?

Value my car