These rules are binding when you enter any prize draw operated by Honestjohn.co.uk Ltd, our partners or any company or website owned or controlled by us from time to time.
In addition to the rules below, more specific terms and conditions may apply to certain prize draws and offers. In this case we will post any specific rules as a link on the relevant page.
- You must be over 18 years of age and resident in the UK to enter our competitions.
- Employees of HonestJohn.co.uk, group companies and any company associated to the specific competition and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Only one entry per person is allowed, unless otherwise stated. Multiple entries from the same user will be invalidated.
- The closing date is noted on each competition and will vary, competition to competition. This will always be a UK date and time. If a time is not given, the closing time will be 23:59 (GMT time) on the relevant day.
- In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner. Winners will be notified by email within 21 days of the closing date. Where possible, full details of the prize will be given in writing. We will ask for receipt of confirmation by reply email within seven days. After seven days a new winner will be chosen and this process repeated.
- In the case of a survey prize draw, the first entry drawn will be the winner. Winners will be notified by email within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. We will ask for receipt of confirmation by reply email within seven days. After seven days a new winner will be chosen and this process repeated.
- In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, we will contact the prize winner by email within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. We will ask for receipt of confirmation by reply email within seven days. After seven days a new winner will be chosen and this process repeated. Where the winner confirms within seven days the prize details shall be as printed on the tickets. Ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter and or the supplier’s terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Tickets will be sent by special delivery.
- Prize winners are not permitted to, sell or transfer their prize to any other person(s). Selling or transferring prizes includes, but is not limited to, selling and/or distributing on any website including any auction site whether it is operated by a third party or by a prize winner.
- HonestJohn.co.uk reserves the right to cancel any prize if it has reasonable grounds for believing a prize winner has, or has attempted to, sell, transfer or exchange their prize.
- No cash or prize alternative is available. However in the event of an advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Competition winners may be obliged to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
- HonestJohn.co.uk takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged. Where the applicant submits proof of an entry, this is not proof of receipt of the entry, and will not be counted.
- Competition winners agree to the confidentiality of any knowledge gained about HonestJohn.co.uk, its business and personnel received by them as a result of the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for erroneous prize details given by the prize suppliers.
- Use of false details, e.g. name & address, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. HonestJohn.co.uk reserves the right to request any documentary to form proof of the winner’s identity and address before such person may claim their prize. In some circumstances, HonestJohn.co.uk may, at its discretion, require any winner to present themselves in person supported by documentation for identification purposes (we will cover all reasonable travel costs incurred) prior to releasing the prize.
- We will keep your personal details on record so we can send you any prize that you have won, to prove that these rules have been complied with, and for marketing purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
- HonestJohn.co.uk may at any time issue specific rules or instructions to be read in conjunction with these rules. In the event of a conflict between two sets of rules, the competition-specific rules take priority.
- In the case of competitions where entry is by email you must answer the question by sending an email with your answer to email@example.com and within the expiry of the competition. Once the competition has closed the winner will be selected at random and will be notified. If you fail to respond within seven days, another winner will be selected at random.
- Where you enter a competition by email, your entry is received when the email arrives, not when it is sent. HonestJohn.co.uk cannot be held responsible for entries which arrive late or not at all due to reasons beyond our control, including but not exhaustive of technical, network problems or disruptions.
- HonestJohn.co.uk will not be liable for any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition, nor will we be responsible for damage, loss or disappointment suffered.
- Contestants who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by HonestJohn.co.uk will be automatically excluded from the competition and any further competitions.
- HonestJohn.co.uk makes the final decision and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any disagreement or claim arising out of or in connection with any competition shall be overseen by and taken in accordance with English law and contestants conclusively agree that the Courts of England will have exclusive authority to settle any disagreement or claim that arises out of or in connection with a competition.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry into any competition denotes acceptance of these rules.
- By entering this competition you consent to HonestJohn.co.uk ltd sharing your data with the competition partner.
- The promoter of the competition is: HonestJohn.co.uk Limited, Unit 1 Eaglethorpe Barns, Peterborough Road, Warmington, PE8 6TJ.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Advent Calendar Competition 2016:
The prize draw is open to all who provide their email address. The prize draw will run from 01/12/16 until 24/12/16 inclusive. Entries will not be accepted after 00.01 25/12/16. Entrants can submit one entry every day in this period, up to a total of no more than twenty four entries. Entrants may enter as many times as they wish, from once up to twenty four times, providing the entries are on different days. One winner will win all of the prizes. Prizes are as promoted, however in the event of a prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. No cash alternative. The winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries and the winner will be notified by email, using the email address submitted to enter the competition. Additionally our standard terms and conditions apply - click here to see them.
Share this story