vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh 75k miles - vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh misfire - muddypluka

hi all ive got a misfire problem with my vectra

firstly the problem occurs in third gear while under load (3500 rpm ) onwards at which point i get the car and spanner symbol on the dash i have had the car plugged and read by a friend but alas thereare no fault codes stored just a record of the misfire in cylinders 3 and 4 i also et the engine symbol occasionally if i continue to keep the engine under pressure

to try to cure this problem i have replaced the crank sensor the hp fuel pump and the coil pack and plugs but still no resolution

i have considered replacing the fuel rail and the injectors but thats another expensive special order part with no guarentee of fixing the fault any help please

vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh 75k miles - vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh misfire - Quicksilver

Streched timing chain?

Q.

vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh 75k miles - vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh misfire - muddypluka

i would have thouht a cam chain would present itself as a constant fault through all gears i can use first and second it revs like a normal car irrespective of load ( feathered or booted)

i can plant my foot in third without fault util it reaches 3500rpm ounce it has started misfiring changing into 4th continues the fault from 1000rpm throuh to 4000rpm juddering and spluttering

if i kill the ignition and bump start the car the fault clears and i can drive normally without any warning lights

if i drive the car under 3500rpm i wont see the fault for days even weeks of steady motoring but when i attempt to over take or pull away from set of lights a bit to vigorously the fault re apears

vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh 75k miles - vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh misfire - conners84

Have you resolved this problem?

Just a thought but could it be the air mass flow meter? May not be too bad at relatively low air flows (sub 3500rpm) but as soon as the engine is under load and pulling a descent air flow it's creating a lean fuel mixture causing your misfiring problems.

Don't think it's that expensive to replace either.

vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh 75k miles - vauxhall vectra 2.2 sri z22yh misfire - SteveSTelford

Hiya, I have not long just brought a Vectra unwillingly knowing it has exactly the same problem as you are getting!

Could you tell me if you managed to come to a resoloution in the end??

Regards Steve