Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Petrol LS Version 53 plate - Over Revving Problems - Unknown 123

Hi Guys

Im hoping someone is able to help me with my never ending problems with my Astra. Im am at the end of my tether now.

In October we started to experience problems with our car the EML light came on, we called the breakdown service out who diagnosed it as misfire on Cyl 3 & advised we needed a new coil pack. We purchased a Delphi Coil Pack which apparently is who Vauxhall use for their genuine parts £120. This did not rectify the fault.

We took it into Vauxhall who told us of course we would need a genuine one as non-genuine would not solve the problem. £300 later we have a genuine Coil Pack.

Within 1/2 a mile of leaving Vauxhall to my dispair the EML illuminated again. I took my car back to Vauxhall the very next day who put a tech 2 machine on it which displayed the same fault code (misfire on Cyl 3). They cleared the fault & sent me on my way, on my way to work the following morning the light again illuminated, so back to Vauxhall to investigate.

They roadtested my vehicle for 20 miles with the Tech 2 plugged in & could not fault it. As i was getting nowhere with them i then decided to take matters into my own hands & look on the forums most of which pointed to the EGR Valve.

I had Service carried out on it & an engine flush blocked off the EGR valve as a temporary measure to see if it would eliminate our problems, it did not & the EML light kept coming on but going off again within a day or so. I was then advised to replace the EGR valve which i have done with a genuine part. It has been fine for about 3 days & now i have come to start the car today & it is over revving when i start the car up, i turned the ignition on & off 2 or 3 times which did not work, drove it about a mile down the road where again the EML light illuminated.

Does anyone have any ideas what our fault may be as we have now lost all confidence in the car & are fed up of shelling money out on it for parts that have not failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am tearing my hair out with mounting garage bills & no resolution.

Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Petrol LS Version 53 plate - Over Revving Problems - Collos25

Does the car lose power when the EML comes on?

Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Petrol LS Version 53 plate - Over Revving Problems - Unknown 123

Does the car lose power when the EML comes on?

Yes everytime unless we are travelling at 30 MPH which isnt fast enough for it to lose power

Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Petrol LS Version 53 plate - Over Revving Problems - Cris_on_the_gas

Have you changed or checked spark plugs ?

Otherwise compression test ?

Yes we had spark plugs changed when the Coil Pack was changed they have been checked since & are fine.

Car had a compression test & all came back ok (this was in Oct when our problems started though)

Edited by Unknown 123 on 13/03/2013 at 11:32