Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - Scott H

Does anyone know what the recommended cambelt change interval is for the 1.2 litre petrol engine fitted to the second generation Ka? Also, if someone knows the cost to have the job done at a dealer, it would be helpful. Haven't managed to find much info online about this.

Thanks in advance!

Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - elekie&a/c doctor

I have based this info on a Fiat 500 with the same engine.Change interval is 4 years or 120k km,whichever is the sooner.Time allowance to replace is around 2,5 hours.hth

OK. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if this is this a non-interference engine like most (all?) 8 valve FIRE Fiat engines?

Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - jc2

Why not phone your local dealer and ask????He'll tell you cost and milage.

Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - thunderbird

Why on earth would anyone want to do that. Its common knowledge that you can get all your problems diagnosed and sorted for free on a forum.

Why on earth would anyone want to do that. Its common knowledge that you can get all your problems diagnosed and sorted for free on a forum.

Everyone is free to post or reply to questions on this board, as is their want. I made a perfectly polite request and was polite in response to the one person who answered constructively, so I really fail to understand why you're taking issue. You may feel my questions are pointless or stupid, but as I said I didn't find a satisfactory answer to them after a fairly extensive search here and elsewhere. Any new and helpful info that turns up in this thread can therefore be of use to others with similar queries in the future.
Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - thunderbird

Everyone is free to post or reply to questions on this board, as is their want. I made a perfectly polite request and was polite in response to the one person who answered constructively, so I really fail to understand why you're taking issue. You may feel my questions are pointless or stupid, but as I said I didn't find a satisfactory answer to them after a fairly extensive search here and elsewhere. Any new and helpful info that turns up in this thread can therefore be of use to others with similar queries in the future.

Well I have always managed to look in the manual or service book to find out answers about maintenace intervals but looking on most forums it is clear no one bothers to read the manuals today.

Once I know when a job is due I either book it into my local dealer after asking how much but normally I ring round a couple to compare prices.

How hard can it be.

Well I have always managed to look in the manual or service book to find out answers about maintenace intervals but looking on most forums it is clear no one bothers to read the manuals today.

Once I know when a job is due I either book it into my local dealer after asking how much but normally I ring round a couple to compare prices.

How hard can it be.

I should point out that I'm currently a prospective buyer of a secondhand Ka, so I don't have access to a manual/service book. I just wanted to know how far I was from the possible added expense of a cambelt change.

Because it's often better to arm yourself with the information before approaching a dealer, so as not to be taken to the cleaners. I was interested in other people's experiences on this issue.
Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - Collos25

Scott,I do not think that your OP is unreasonable what it says in the handbook is not always correct as I have found out with a Peugeot on which I have just changed the cambelt.Most main agents have a fixed price for cambelt changes which includes the water pump and rollers if required,its long time since I had one changed in the UK by a main agent I think it was a Saab 1.9 diesel and was 300ukps including vat .On the Ka if its the "fire" engine its quite an easy job do to it yourself but if you do not feel confident at doing it ring a few garages up say a couple of Ford agents and a couple of independants and see how much the quote.

Scott,I do not think that your OP is unreasonable what it says in the handbook is not always correct as I have found out with a Peugeot on which I have just changed the cambelt.Most main agents have a fixed price for cambelt changes which includes the water pump and rollers if required,its long time since I had one changed in the UK by a main agent I think it was a Saab 1.9 diesel and was 300ukps including vat .On the Ka if its the "fire" engine its quite an easy job do to it yourself but if you do not feel confident at doing it ring a few garages up say a couple of Ford agents and a couple of independants and see how much the quote.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

Ford Ka Mk2 - Ford Ka Mk2 1.2 litre - Cambelt change interval - ben lee

every 4 years or 62500miles what ever is sooner.