Leyland Roadrunner - Circus truck in dire straights on route to Romania - Ash n Rosie

HI, though this is not the done thing to talk of Roadrunners on here, it seems on searching the internet this is the best collective of knowledge online!

I run a kids charity and we're on our way to northern romania to work with some of the struggling communities there, and have had a problem.

In Holland we awoke to a very cold atsrt only to find when we started her up the orange fault light was on and it was very smokey! Eventually we found a mechanic (DAF) and they were sure it was a problem with the injecters and after five long and expensive days, found replacement parts and got us back on the road. for three days we drove without issue over rough terrain, and many many miles (around 800).

This morning (another cold one) the problem had returned. The orange warning light was on and the smoke thick. This was also h=joined both times when revving by a shudder/knocking. After the day warmed up we tried her again, and though the light shortly turned off there was once again a shudder, then a loud pop/crac/snap sound. At this point i turned it off and am now seeking a mechanic locally to take a look.

I would like however to seek advice and therefore have more opportunity to add this knowledge to the mechanics advice, as we are now running lower on money, and cannot risk another expensive but inneffectual repair!

Please help!

Ash n Rosie.

Leyland Roadrunner - Circus truck in dire straights on route to Romania - injection doc

It really wants the injectors pulling out & testing, its possible the pump is fragmenting and contaminating the injectors and preventing them from shutting off causing knocking and white smoke. They can be tested before replacing.

What year is it as I wonder if its has an adblue system as they suffer with the addblue injector crystalizing up ? or incorrect fluids added in the adblue tank as they are not secure.

Has anyone checked the diesel filter for bacteria contamination or minute rust particles. I have known a few Daf tanks to start corroding and shedding inside the tank causing contamination.

I wish you luck.